Saturday, February 12, 2011

Real Housewives of Miami


I've never been a big fan of Bravo's Real Housewives. I'm not into all the drama, fighting and gossip that the shows usually pertain. Rumor has it that the new "Real Housewives of Miami" will be hosting a lady who owns a very well-known PR company in Miami called The Patton Group.
The Patton Group, owned by the soon-to-be housewife Marysol Patton, does PR for some very famous people and companies like Robert Cavalli Vodka, Emilio Estefan, Renaissance Hotels, De Beers and Diane Von Furstenberg.
It was reported, in the Miami Herald, that Marysol will be involved in some romantic "entanglements" throughout the show. As someone who owns and represents some of the largest names in business, I don't think that this show will be good PR for Marysol herself. I'm still trying to figure out why she would sign herself up for the show knowing how the show is?
We've talked before that there is no such thing as bad publicity but that doesn't mean that you should expect the worst and still do it. I can't see any good publicity for Marysol coming out of this show. Almost all the Real Housewives are criticized more than they are admired. If I owned a PR company and if I was the image of that company, why would I risk my company, and the companies I represent, for one silly show?
Maybe I can't see the bigger picture of the whole situation but I won't be surprised if Marysol finds herself having to do a little PR on herself at the end of this year. What would you do? Would you sign up for a silly show that broadcasts your life and the way you live when you own a PR company for some of the largest names in fashion? It will definitely be interesting to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment